New Patient Resources
What should I bring to my appointment?
- A completed New Patient Intake Form.
- Recent or relevant MRI reports, X-Ray reports or lab results.
- Insurance card
- A form of payment (check or credit card)
How long is a new patient visit?
- 60 minutes for single-issue new patient appointments.
- 75 minutes for comprehensive new patient appointment.
How should I prepare for my first appointment?
- Take the VitalityGPS online holistic health assessment (12 minutes) for Lifestyle Coaching.
- If possible, bring comfortable clothing that can be pulled up to the knees and past the elbows.
- Insurance patients- please fill out Insurance Pre-Verification Form
During your first appointment we will…
- Get a detailed history of your health concerns.
- Examine and evaluate your pulse, tongue and other areas of the body related to your symptoms.
- Provide an intial acupuncture treatment, cupping, massage ++
- Advise you on a treatment plan with referrals, exercises most appropriate for your needs.
What does acupuncture feel like?
Acupuncture treatments typically result in a state of deep calm and mental tranquility. These qualities are both enjoyable and part of the body’s natural self-healing states. I like to refer to this feeling as “Acuphoria.” During the treatment, you will be in a warm and comfortable room, with a call button in hand should you have any needs. During the insertion of needles, you may feel or not feel any sensations. Ideal sensations feel like warmth or pressure. Occasionally there can be discomfort for which we will seek an immediate modification of the sensation by removing or adjusting the needle.
Acupuncture of Marin
130 Greenfield Ave #C
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Acupuncture of San Francisco
22 Battery St. #802
San Francisco, CA 94111